Health & Safety Measures
Alexandra Hotel is closely monitoring and complying with the new directives of the authorities as well as the Health Protocols. The continuous monitoring of scientific and legislative data, as well as their integration in the Health & Safety Protocols are ensured with the participation of the Group in the POSI SHIELD Advanced level program
- Towels and amenities are sanitized.
- Housekeeping services and daily change of linen are temporary limited as a standard procedure. Room cleaning and linen changing are an opt-in procedure by giving a call to the Reception.
- It is recommended that only one housekeeper enters the room. If additional staff (technician or staff for specialized deep cleaning) are required, the housekeeper enters last to disinfect the room.
- TV controls will be covered and sanitized and before each check in.
- Intensification of cleaning and disinfection with use of 60° C minimum.
- Natural and intensive ventilation during cleaning process.
- Intensification of cleaning and disinfection of ventilation and air conditioning filters.
- Towels and amenities are sanitized.
- Standard check-in is now at 15.00 and check-out at 11.00.
- Every Team Member of Front Desk Office has received advanced training in order to comply with protective measures against COVID-19 announced by the World Health Organization and the Hellenic Ministry of Health.
- All Team Members have received training for their health monitoring and the hotel is following staff’s medical screening procedure.
- We are keeping COVID-19 incidents reports according to the Greek legislation.
- We conduct temperature screenings of guests and staff.
- Every Team Member will wear disposable gloves & masks throughout their entire shift.
- Discrete Floor Stickers are installed in front of Front Office Desk for social distancing purposes.
- Key cards and keys will be disinfected before given to the guest and will not be given back to the reception until check out. During check-out guests should place the key card in the special box that stands in the Front Desk Office in order to be disinfected.
- Contactless payment and sending invoices are recommended.
- Digital Signage in the lobby informs guests about best practices of health and safety that both hotels staff & guests must follow.
- We follow intensification of cleaning and disinfection of Reception area.
- We endorse guests to ask the Front Desk Team Members for any information or clarification about their stay.
- Number of guests using the lift will be controlled, guests on the same booking are allowed to use the lift all together, i.e. a family of 4.
- Outside every lift, Disinfection Dispensers are installed for the use of guests.
- We follow intensification of cleaning and disinfection of buttons and all high touch areas.
- Floor marking for keeping distances are placed in common areas, restaurant and bar.
- Signage information are provided for the smooth flow of visitors to public areas with the defined distances based on Health Protocols.
- Dispenser with hand sanitizer (63-70% alcohol) are placed in key places for guests.
- We follow intensification of cleaning and disinfection of Reception.
- Tables and chairs in all F&B outlets are spread out according to Hellenic legislation.
- Signage is placed to remind our guests to keep their distances.
- All the equipment is washed and disinfected in high temperature following Health and Safety Protocols.
- Restaurant operates under HACCP certification.
- Alexandra Hotel reserves the right to refuse accommodation to a guest arriving with a contagious disease. In cases where sickness occurs during the stay, please notify the Front Desk staff. In the case of serious sickness, you may be requested to receive appropriate health care from a nearby healthcare facility. During epidemics we are entitled to employ precautionary measures within our judgment or as required by local authorities. We may charge you a room cleaning fee as we deem appropriate under the circumstances.
- Alexandra Hotel’s Staff are trained to handle a COVID-19 incident.
- The infected guest is separated from other people.
- If the condition requires it and the patient is not needed to be transferred to the hospital, the administration takes appropriate measures to ensure that the patient receives the proper care. This includes the potential need to appoint an employee who has been adequately trained to prevent and control infections, as well as to follow the measures of the Health Protocols.
- All used items are treated appropriately to mitigate the risk of transmitting the disease. Consumables (hand towels, gloves, masks, tissues) are placed in a container with a lid and discarded according to the hotel's action plan and national waste management regulations.
- Alexandra Hotel is cooperating with a Secondary Healthcare Provider. In case a guest is suspended with COVID-19, an appointed doctor will attend and perform with a molecular test, in the hotel premises, if needed. The hotel is not responsible for external services or charges, which latter shall be paid by our guests directly to them and are not included in our charges.